Currently, the Lancasters are involved in leadership training in Uruguay, working with national leaders to enlarge the vision and scope of ministry. Tammy is also involved with children’s ministry in the Emanuel Church.
Jaimie grew up in a Christian home and became a believer at the age of eight. He enjoyed meeting the missionaries who visited with his church during missions conferences. In 1985, after his sophomore year at Welch College, Jaimie served as an overseas apprentice in Japan.
Tammy was saved on her tenth birthday during vacation Bible school. As a teenager her awareness of missions grew through the many missions sermons and missionary testimonies at the First FWB Church in Russellville, Ark. During this time Tammy submitted her life to God but didn’t yet feel directed to a specific field.
In 1995, upon hearing Dennis Owen describe the spiritual plight of the Uruguayan people, both Jaimie and Tammy knew God was burdening their hearts to serve in Uruguay.
The Lancasters served on a church-planting team in Michigan from 1987-90. They then moved to McShan, Ala., where Jaimie pastored for three years at Mt. Moriah FWB Church. While there, Tammy began and coordinated the children’s church and taught the nursery Sunday school class.
Jaimie and Tammy have two children: Jonathan Cole, born December 12; and John William, born June 2.
Jaimie-Mt. Moriah FWB Church, McShan, Ala.
Tammy-First FWB Church, Russellville, Ark.
- Pray for unity among the national church and leaders. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for Steve Torrison as he works with the Bible Institute. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for “faithful” people to step forward into leadership positions. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for us as we prepare for Stateside assignment. We will arrive in the US on April 4th. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the “Grupo D” discipleship classes as we continue them by internet while we are away. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the Malvin church as they begin the official search for a pastor. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for relationships and seeds that were planted in our neighborhood contacts to grow and as we make contact during our absence. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the Carrasco neighborhood, especially our area that is below Avenida Italia that the Lord will work in the hearts of ours and the Torrison’s neighbors. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for health, strength and a smooth transition Stateside. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for Carnaval Camp Feb 25th-Mar 1/ (Updated 2/20/2017)