Shannon was approved as a career missionary to Japan in April of 2004. She departed for Hokkaido, in January of 2007. She spent her first term in Hokkaido learning Japanese language and culture and ministering at the Miharashidai Chapel Free Will Baptist Church in Ebetsu, Japan. In December 2011, she returned to Japan and began ministry in the Tokyo area at the Good New Chapel Free Will Baptist Church working alongside the McDonalds.
Shannon received Christ as Savior at the age of five at New Hope FWB Church in Joelton, TN.
Shannon graduated from Belmont University with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and worked for several years as a Registered Nurse. During this time, she was very active in her home church, taught children’s Sunday school classes, and was one of the leaders of the single’s group. In August of 2000, Shannon left the middle-Tennessee area for two years as a short-term missionary in Hokkaido, Japan. She worked at the Hokkaido International School as the school nurse and helped at the Miharadashidai Church. It was during this time she felt God’s call to return to Japan as a career missionary. Upon returning to the States in August of 2002, she made arrangements to attend Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. Shannon graduated in May of 2004 with a Master’s degree in missions and intercultural studies.
New Hope FWB Church, Joelton, TN
Northwest FWB Church, Chicago, IL
- Praise the Lord that I arrived safely in Japan and have started the process of re-acclimating to life in Japan
- Ask God that I will continue to grow closer to God.
- Pray that my relationships with Mrs. H and Mrs. Y continue to grow strong and that I am able to share the gospel with them clearly.
- Pray for my Mom as I leave her for the first time without the support of my Dad.
- Pray for the missionaries in Japan as they are experiencing a lot of transition.