- Pray for God-given understanding as Anthony and Lea raise Emily and Marc in a cross-cultural setting.
- As God to make hearts tender to the gospel and that the much sowing being done would result in a great harvest.
- Pray for wisdom for Anthony and Lea and Tim and Kristi Johnson (the Alpedrete team) as they make plans in conjunction with church leaders for the future.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they train and equip local believers to reach others with the gospel.
- Pray for God to give him wisdom and for God’s power to be victorious over the powers of darkness evident in the eastern religions.
- Pray for Carlisle’s physical strength and health needs.
- Pray for believers to exhibit spiritual maturity and a desire to share their faith.
- Ask God for more national pastors in India and the means to support them.
- Pray for Dale in his role as Asia Regional Director. He has the responsibility of overseeing the work of FWB in Asia. Ask God to give wisdom as we seek to develop strategic partnerships with our Free Will Baptist brothers and sisters in various parts of Asia where we have no resident missionary personnel.
- Ask God to give the missionary team wisdom and direction as new opportunities for ministry become apparent as we partner with our Japanese leaders in establishing new works.
- Pray the gospel message will be received, and people will come to know Christ as a result of the recent earthquake and tsunami. Pray also for those who are endeavoring to help the hurting, displaced and suffering people. The recovery efforts will continue for many years.
- Pray for our national pastors and leaders as they carry on and expand the work of the Lord in their local areas.
- Pray for a strengthening of the Japanese church as Christians endeavor to reach their own people.
- Praise for those who attended the Charity Concert on April 8 at Good News Chapel. Amy McDonald was able to share the gospel in song as part of the concert fare. Ruth translated Amy’s original songs that expressed the value that God places on every individual. Everyone also enjoyed the featured saxophonist in the second part of the concert. Several first time visitors ever to a Christian church were in attendance. Over $200 was raised for the ongoing work in the tsunami stricken Tohoku area of Japan.
- Pray especially for the English students in Ruth’s weekly converstaional English classes. Several Japenese moms have shown keen interest in the Bible time section of the class lately. Pray for Ruth and her discernment in leading this time and that the interest would lead to salvation. 3/31/2017
- Give thanks with us for the wonderful missionary field reports shared at our yearly Japan field council (Via SKYPE) October 12-14. It was very evident that God has been using our Japan FWB missionaries in numerous ways to impact many Japanese with the Gospel this past year. There were several first time decisions followed up with baptisms from the work of our missionaries this past year! 10/23/2016
- Pray especially for Ruth and the Good News Kids Club ministry. May 2017 will be the 2nd wave of this new ministry for Good News Chapel (Tokyo). The club will target elementary aged children and their moms, with an evangelistic thrust through music, Bible stories and an English lesson. 3/31/2016
- Praise for the 2 who were baptised from Good News Chapel on Sunday Sept. 4, 2016. Mr. Imai and Ms. Asai both made recent professions of faith and followed through with baptism. 9/5/2016
- Praise for Caroline McDonald’s baptism on Sunday August 7, 2016. Caroline desires to be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ for the sake of the Gospel, especially at her high school. 9/5/2016
- Please support Good News Chapel church member, Mr. Nonaka. He is taking the lead role in representing the church to the local bank in looking for some kind of building for a permanent church site.
- Continue in prayer for WNAC groups in North Carolina raising money for the Good News Chapel Impact project for 2015-2016. Groups are completing a year long project of fund raising for assisting Good News Chapel in the purchase process of a church facility. The financial support will give Good News Chapel more impact with the local bank in looking for church property.
- Good News Chapel continues to contact local banks about purchasing property for a permanent church location. Pray that the a local bank would partner with us to supply a loan for church property. Good News Chapel continues to rent a 3rd floor of a small professional buidling
- Through the Good News Kids Club, English classes, and a series of concerts and activities hosted at Good News Chapel in recent months, new contacts are in the influence of the church. Among these contacts, opportunities have been given to share about the gospel. Pray that these new contacts would continue to stay in contact with gospel through Good News Chapel and would be led to salvation.
- Pray for the Japanese church and Christians that God will empower them to reach friends, family and strangers with the Gospel.
- Pray that God will fill us with His Holy Spirit as we work to spread the Gospel in Japan.
- Ask the Lord to open doors for us to minister to the “least of these”: those in prison and orphans.
- Praise God for our financial and prayer partners.
- Pray for good rapport and teamwork as our family works with Pastor Ishii, the Bihoro and Abashiri churches, and other missionary families.
- Pray for us as our two-year internship comes to a close.
- Pray for our return flight to the U.S. on November 19th.
- Pray for the Adult English class/Bible study that meets on Tuesday nights.
- Pray for the two kids’ English classes that Miriam teaches. Each week these moms and kids are hearing the Bible taught, and are memorizing His word. Pray for fruit to come from these classes.
- Pray for Uechi San, a 70 year old church member who has a lot of health problems. She wants to be able to play the piano during worship again.
- Pray for Tomo and Haruka. Tomo’s family turned against him for becoming a Christian.
- Pray for Ruri chan, a little girl who comes to Sunday School.
- Pray for our kids during these times of transition, and for them to continue to learn Japanese.
- Pray for God’s will to be done as we apply for career missionary service.
- Pray for our partners in Central Asia as they labor daily to share the gospel in a predominantly Muslim environment.
- Pray for safety of travel, crossing of borders, and the granting of permissions that are needed in working in various countries.
- Pray for our students as they each have their own ministries planting churches, reaching the unreached and offering the hope of the gospel hundreds of towns and villages.
- Praising God funds for the printing and distribution of 1000 Bibles in KZ language provided through FWB Foundation!
- Pray for our MINISTRY ACCOUNT as it is currently in the RED! Pray that God will move on the hearts of people to give to the work of the ministry! Pray for strong year end giving, and new monthly support in 2017!
- Pray for the Outlaw kids – Carson, Tori, Conner, Schaeffer, and Libby that God will continue to use their cross cultural experiences to prepare them for the role He has for them in the Great Commission.
- Pray for the new Japanese believers, two of whom have been baptized and two of whom have not yet been baptized. Pray that they will have courageous faith in telling others about Christ.
- Pray for Katie and our new baby, who is due in early April 2017.
- Pray for our new session of gospel choir which began last month.
- Pray for Daniel as he continues with his Japanese language study.
- Pray for the spiritual growth and maturity of the members of the St Sebastien Church. Ask God to give them love for one another that others will know they are Christians by their love.
- Pray that God will give wisdom and direction as we begin a new ministry to youth and young adults in France. Pray that He will prepare the hearts of those young people with whom we will come in contact.
Update January 25, 2017
- We praise the Lord for the generosity of His people! We have received over $20,000 in giving toward wells in response to our Year-End-Challenge! So, we now have over $45,000 to begin drilling wells. That means that we can move our drilling plan to March/April of this year instead of October! Clean, accessible water for the Samburu. Thank you!
- The donations have from Missouri, TX, NC, VA, OK, SC, WNAC groups, church building funds given to wells instead of building, coins given by children, coins given by church members (creative – they used discarded Gatorade bottles and passed them out for the members to collect coins for water – $1,400 given in coins), bake sales, etc. ( Sorry if I missed your state – trying to remember)
- We moved to Kenya on Jan 16 and arrived on Jan 17 with all 11 pieces of luggage arriving safely and undisturbed. Pretty amazing since we forgot to label most of the luggage with our name and address. The check-in process was so chaotic, that we for got to put tags on all of the unmarked luggage. Plus, they changed us to a different flight and we literally had to run thru the airport to catch it before the gate closed. Whew, that was close.
- We will be staying in the capital city, Nairobi, for a couple of weeks doing paperwork – driver’s licenses, work permits, visa extensions, health ministry approval, vehicle registration, shopping, etc. Please pray for favor with the government!
- Praise for progress with some of our tasks to be completed in the capital city, Nairobi: We ventured out today using local transportation (overstuffed vans) to get to a center where we could work on our driver’s licenses and phone needs. Praise the Lord – we were able to apply for our new licenses, no test or driving involved to qualify. (Scary since we drive on the wrong side of the road here and on the wrong side of the car) We had kept our old licenses from when we lived in Kenya before and that really helped. We should be licensed drivers again tomorrow after 10. We also were able to get our phones set up on the Kenyan company Safaricom and to get some equip that will help us in trying to get better signal in Barsalinga, a real challenge. We also did some shopping and got in some good exercise going up and down may flights of stairs and walking back and forth to the transport station (don’t think anything but dirt spot on the road).
- Amanda got some great Kenyan coffee at Java House.
- Please continue to pray for rain in Barsalinga and all of Kenya. Severe drought. The wells cannot come soon enough.
- Pray for our bodies as we adjust to altitude – we are at about 6000′ above sea level and will be living at about 3,300′ above sea level. Nairobi, the capital city is cool and somewhat tropical.
- Pray for our vehicle to run well as we travel up to Barsalinga in a couple of weeks. Our good friend Joram Mwangi, has done a great job preparing it for us. We just need to get some new tires and we will be good to go.
- For our family in the US. Hard to leave them!
- Grateful for your prayers!
- Rain, rain, rain (Some rain, people returning to the area with animals – KEEP PRAYING!) Dec 27 update
- For grace as we finish preparations to move to Kenya on Jan. 16, 2017, Lord willing!
- For our 4 boys and their families that we will be missing soon.
- For growth in the lives of the new followers of Yesu
- Against spiritual darkness – witch-doctors, non-biblical traditions
- For leaders to gain confidence in sharing w/ others
- For baby Munyani, Mama Lilibo, Jackson, Eunice, Jonathan
- That God would move on the hearts of individuals and churches to partner with us in prayer and financially
- Pray for us as we lead the Kamifukuoka Church as the pastor. Pray that we would lead effectively and that we would see people come to Christ and lives changed and that Christ would be glorified in our work here.
- Pray for the one-on-one Bible studies we are doing with some non-believers and one on one discipleship studies we are doing with 2 new Christians.
- Pray for Hope Alive, our English Bible study that takes place every other Saturday night. We have a good group of 4 or 5 non believers who have been coming for over a year and learning about God and His Word. Pray that they will come to Christ and the group will continue to grow.
- Pray for our English Classes, English discussion cafe, Mom’s and Babies English class, and Japanese Language class where we have many relationships and chances to share about Christ and invite these people to our churches and Bible Studies. Pray that we will be bold to share Christ!
- Pray for a continued ability to speak Japanese
- Pray for Eli, Micah, and Emma as they are in kindergarten and Pre-K at a Billingual school that God will give them strength to survive in a difficult environment. Pray also that we can be an effective witness to the teachers and parents at their school.
Fundraising. During April and May 2017 we will be visiting several churches presenting our ministry with ITA and our need for monthly support. Please pray for God’s grace and favor for these events.
2017 World Missions Offering (WMO). Please pray that God’s people will respond to the 2017 World Missions Offering for IM–workers and works around the world benefit from this annual offering. WMO Sunday is April 29, 2017.
ITA Council Meets. The International Training Alliance Council and Executive Team meets in Indianapolis, USA March 20-24, 2017. Members are coming from Australia, India, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, Canada and the United States. Please pray for an initial two days for a summit of six people, two days of the full Council, and then one day of wrap up for the ITA Executive Team.
Funding for Jeff and Susan. Once again Jeff and Susan are seeking prayer and financial supporters! They were supported faithfully by many supporters for 30 years as church planters in Madrid, Spain. At the request of FWBIM leadership, they left Spain to serve in administration of the Mission for many years. At the age of 60 God gave them a new ministry serving as CEO of the International Training Alliance. It is tough to build a support base from zero at age 60, but it is necessary in order to fulfill the ministry opportunities the Lord has opened for them on a more global level. (See “Transitions” below.)
Transitions. Jeff and Susan served as missionaries to Spain for 30 years. They returned to the States to serve in the Mission Administration. In 2015, the Board of International Missions voted unanimously to second them to the Board’s partner agency, the International Training Alliance, to serve as this agency’s CEO. At the same time, Jeff and Susan will serve as regional directors for FWBIM missionaries in Europe. Jeff also serves as the Candidate Shepherd for FWBIM, working with all new missionary candidates desiring to serve with FWBIM. As you can imagine, there is a lot of responsibility between these different roles.
Leadership Matters Course in Peru. Please pray for the first complete LMC in Spanish ever that will take place outside Lima, Peru May 3-23, 2016. Jeff will serve as lead trainer. Susan will lead the relationships track
Funding for ITA. ITA was legally incorporated as a 501c3 in the United States in November of 2015, and is seeking funding for its ministry. In its twenty years of existence, ITA has never been legally incorporated. This is a big step. With the transition in leadership, the ITA Council decided to incorporate in the United States and in Australia in order to create a sustainable model for the future. It is expanding to offer its training in French, Spanish and Manderin Chinese. ITA continues to receive more requests for courses than it can fulfill each year. This speaks to the credibility and usefulness of this unique training after 20 years in existence. Please pray for the ministry of ITA.
- Pray for the Gibbs children and grandchildren. Marc and his family, reside in the Saint Louis area; Joël and his family in Nashville, Ryan and his family who live in also in Nashville.
- Pray that God will grant Jerry and Barbara wisdom as they lead the church through the pastoral transition from missionary pastor to French pastor.
- Pray for the church as they seek to win the lost in St. Nazaire and the surrounding area.
- Pray for the pastoral team of the Saint Nazaire church, Bruno and Sylvain, that God will give them wisdom and protect them and their families.
- Pray that God will guide, protect, and bless Bruno, the interim pastor of the Saint Nazaire church, and his family.
- Pray for unity among the national church and leaders. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for Steve Torrison as he works with the Bible Institute. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for “faithful” people to step forward into leadership positions. (Updated 9/29/16)
- Pray for us as we prepare for Stateside assignment. We will arrive in the US on April 4th. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the “Grupo D” discipleship classes as we continue them by internet while we are away. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the Malvin church as they begin the official search for a pastor. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for relationships and seeds that were planted in our neighborhood contacts to grow and as we make contact during our absence. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for the Carrasco neighborhood, especially our area that is below Avenida Italia that the Lord will work in the hearts of ours and the Torrison’s neighbors. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for health, strength and a smooth transition Stateside. (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray for Carnaval Camp Feb 25th-Mar 1/ (Updated 2/20/2017)
- Pray that in our own personal lives we would be fervently devoted to growing in God’s word and to prayer for what He is doing here in Bulgaria.
- Pray for our family to see steady progress in our language study.
- Pray for an opportunity Amy has to participate in a CEF (Child Evangelism Fellowship) ministry in a local children’s home
- Pray for several formal and informal English teaching opportunities we are pursuing as a means of outreach.
- Pray that God would connect us to people in Pleven who are waiting to hear about him—including many members of society who are often neglected
- As we “lay foundations” for a new church, pray that God would give us wisdom regarding which steps we would take, the timing in which things should take place, and which opportunities for outreach we should pursue.
- Pray for growth in our relationships with people in our community and for opportunities to share love and truth in these relationships.
Pray that God would help us to master the Bulgarian language.
Pray that God would give us creative opportunities to share the gospel. Lately God has been giving us many opportunities to share the gospel with friends and acquaintances.
Pray for English Clubs that we host for young children, teenagers, and adults. Pray that the relationships forged would be bridges for the gospel.
Pray for a weekly Bible study that Josh leads in the small village of Butovo. Every week, 5-9 English speakers come together and study the Gospels together. Please pray that the believers would mature in their faith and those are not yet believers would trust in Christ.
Pray for the Bible study that takes place in our home every Tuesday evening. Please pray that many people would come, and that Christians would grow in their faith, and the lost would be drawn to Christ.
Pray that God would bless monthly women’s and men’s Bible studies at our church.
Pray that God would give us wisdom in choosing what city we will move to in 2018.
Pray for a young believer that Lydia disciples on a weekly basis, and for a young man that is doing church-planting training with Josh.
Please pray for your church-planting team in Bulgaria. Trif and Vanya Trifonov have started a new church in the city of Varna. Jonathan and Amy Postlewaite are working to start a new church in the city of Pleven. And Tim and Lydia Awtrey, who started the church in Svishtov, are currently on Stateside Assignment.
Most importantly, please pray that the Holy Spirit would do a mighty work in the nation of Bulgaria. Among the people group we will be ministering to, only 1/10,000 know Jesus. Please pray that the Lord would go before us, softening hard hearts so that they will be eager to hear the good news of salvation.
- Pray for our discussion groups as we talk about God with young adults. That they may see the truth and understand the Gospel.
- Pray for the JPense evangelism events and discussion groups, that they will bring much fruit.
- Please pray for our impact project. We are in need of donations to support our new ministry. We need to get equipped to be able to have services and outreach events more often. Pray that we will meet our financial need so we will have the resources to carry out our ministry among the young adults. You can give online here : https://fwbgo.com/give/ under Impact JPense and you can send in checks to the FWBIM (memo: Impact JPense).
- Pray for the new converts through our ministry that they will stand strong and be witnesses to their friends and families
*March 2017: PRAISING GOD! Many of you have been praying with us for Mr. “A”, an older man who has been attending weekly Bible studies at Kamifukuoka Christ Church for the last two years. Although he is not yet a believer, this morning at Bible Study, he gave thanks to God! His wife was recently diagnosed with cancer, and yesterday their physician informed them that the situation wasn’t as bleak as they were previously told. Mr.”A” said he feels God answered the prayers of our church believers who have been praying! THANK YOU for praying and for being a part of this prayer ministry!
*January 2017: We had a great Christmas season at Kamifukuoka Christ Church with several special outreach programs, and many unsaved attending each event. Pray for each one who came and heard the Gospel! Our weekly Mommy and Me class has grown to eleven toddlers and eleven moms. Nine of the moms are not believers; pray for our witness and their salvation! Weekly Bible studies continue with a group at our church and also in Judy’s English/Bible class at Iriso Christ Church – both classes attended by unsaved; pray for salvation! Our Sunday afternoon Kids’ Club also continues with unsaved families involved in each class. We appreciate your prayers for the lost in Japan!
*We will be having special CHRISTMAS OUTREACH PROGRAMS at Kamifukuoka Christ Church in December 2016. Our Children’s Christmas Party will be held on Saturday morning, December 24th. Some of the moms and toddlers from the Mommy and Me class Judy leads on Wednesdays have indicated they’ll be attending, along with some neighborhood friends of church members. On Christmas Sunday, our Family Christmas will be held in the evening from 5 – 7 p.m. at our church. Some of our former Kids’ Club members, along with their moms, are planning to attend, along with other friends from the neighborhood. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will work in lives of those attending!
*November 2016: We’re thankful to be back home in Japan! We have moved into a house, secured a small car and have reestablished many of our former friendships with people in our church neighborhood. Pray for us as we begin working again at Kamifukuoka Christ Church, the church we began in 2007 along with the Nomura family. This week Judy will begin teaching a weekly Mommy and Me class at the church, and resumes her weekly English/Bible classes at Iriso Christ Church. Saturday we will be participating in “Hope Alive” – a bimonthly English worship service started by the Crowe and Hubbard families. Ken will also be preaching on Sunday, and we’ll be teaching the Kids’ Club children, along with Sunday School class. In addition, we’ll be meeting with a few of our families who are not currently attending church. We appreciate your prayers! God is good!
*September 2016: We are traveling from Seattle, WA, this week to speak in five CA churches and two chapel services at California Christian College. We will be leaving for Japan on September 27th, arriving September 28th, and we ask for your prayers as we try to quickly find a house and a car.
*MAY 2016: Our time as Hillsdale College (now known as “Randall University”) Missionaries in Residence has come to a close, and we are in the process of relocating to our home state of MO to continue traveling to raise our Mission support. We have logged over 35,000 miles since last July, and anticipate many more miles as we travel around the State, sharing our burden for the lost in Japan and trying to gather new faith promise support. If your church would like to become one of our Japan Ministry partners, please contact us, and continue to pray!
*March 2016: Please pray for the family of Mrs. Mitsue Kazama, a long time member of Iriso FWB Church and later Good News Chapel in Japan. Mr. and Mrs. Kazama were led to the Lord by missionary Fred Hersey in the seventies, and later worked with the Tokyo Team to establish Good News Chapel. Please pray for their three unsaved adult children and spouses, and for their eight grandchildren to remember her faith in the Lord, and for Mr. Tetsuya Kazama as he faces this next journey without his beloved wife.
* February 2016: Please pray for us as we continue our second semester as Missionaries in Residence at Hillsdale FWB College in Moore, OK. Our one year Home Assignment is quickly drawing to a close, and our plan is to return home to Japan in early July of this year. Please pray for safety as we travel each weekend to our home state of MO to speak in churches. Our Mission Board voted in December to return to the “Designated Plan of Giving.” This means we are responsible to raise 100% of our needed funds to return to Japan to continue our ministries there. THANK YOU to those who are giving to the Bailey account! If you are not currently supporting a missionary, please pray about becoming a ministry partner with us!
- Pray for us as we are on stateside assignment raising support to return to the field. We are only more than 50% funded.
- Pray for the leadership of the churches in Brazil, that there would be unity and a resolve to work together.
- Pray for the seminary (Bible Institute) as they continue training leaders for the local churches in Brazil.
- Pray for K. B., a lady sent out by the FWB churches in Campinas, Brazil, who serves as a worker with Syrian refugees in Turkey.
- Pray for Clóvis and Cristina Leandro of the Nova América FWB Church in Campinas who are serving as church planters in Boa Esperança, state of Alagoas, Brazil, since March of 2016. They work in a town with no evangelical Christian presence and minister to a very poor population. There are no other FWB churches in this part of the country.
- Pray for the FWB hospital in Doropo, Côte d’Ivoire, Africa. They are hoping to receive a FWB doctor from Cuba. Pray that the necessary legal requirements might be met.
- Pray for the church-planting project in Ghana being led by Pastor Thomas Appiah under the supervision of the mission’s committee in Ivory Coast. IM partner’s with our African brothers in this project.
- Pray for eight Cuban couples and two singles who have been approved by the Cuban Association for cross-cultural missionary service and are waiting for an opportunity to serve.
- Pray for the Seminary in Panama as they start a new school year.
Updated Mar. 30, 2017
We appreciate your time reading our prayer requests! Thank you so much!
1. We are able to raise our support in order to fulfill the call of God to our lives.
2. Lazaro as he continues to study at Welch College (Master of Arts Theology and Ministry ).
3. Ariadna as she is planning to begin nursing studies in August.
4. The Missions Conferences, State Meetings and other activities that we plan to attend.
5. The FWB work around the world, especially in the Hispanic population where we are called to ministry.
a. The National Convention in Cuba (February 2017)
b. A new year of classes at the FWB Bible Institute in Panama (March to December 2017).
c. A Women Camp in Cuba (May 2017)
d. Ariadna and her Mission Trip to Ecuador (June 2017).
e. A Child Evangelism Fellowship course for Hispanic Churches in Tennessee (Ariadna is planning, not date yet).
6. Our health and personal finances.
7. Our families in Cuba.
8. Wisdom to invest our time and resources.
We are grateful to God for all He has done in our lives!
- Pray for contacts in France, for me to rebuild relationship, and have new one. For the Holy Spirit to open the heart of the French people and to guide me when I speak with them.
- Pray for a discussion group to start, I would like to start a discussion group, pray that God send the right people in this Group.
- Pray our Team, Dennis and Carol Teague, Lydie and Joel Teague and David Reeves.
- Pray for my friends and family member that Do no know God yet.
- Pray for me to have wisdom in my ministry, and that I will obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
Thank you so much for you support in Prayer, It is a precious gift to have so many lifting me up in pray. May God Bless you and keep and using you all for His Kingdom.
Myriam (Mimi) Le Louan
Pray for Madeleine and Emilie as they adjust to French school.
Pray that Philippe would accept Christ as his personal Savior. Philippe is a man who has been associated with the Nantes Church for a very long time.
There will be another JPENSE on March 28th. Pray that this event will bring many non-Christians would be interested in starting Bible studies.
- Pray for the Morgans as they minister in Alcalá de Henares in the Esperanza FWB church.
- Pray for the Morgans as they teach community English classes at the University of Alcalá.
- Pray for the relationships the Morgans are building.
- Pray for the Esperanza Church and Pastor José Manuel and his family.
Updated August 9, 2016
- We are currently working in Eastern Hokkaido. Our children attend four different schools in the area. Linda teaches English part time at two elementary schools. Pray for our children, and pray that they will be lights in these schools.
- To my knowledge, none of the approximately 20 English students that are in our outreach classes taught at the Abashiri church are Christian. We are teaching four classes there: kindergarten, two elementary and one adult class. Many mothers also attend the childrens’ classes. Most have never heard the gospel story. These are classes that have only started recently. Pray that through these many would come to know Christ.
- We are prayerfully looking at the many cities and towns around Abashiri and Bihoro that do not have any gospel preaching church (of any kind). Pray for God’s direction as we seek to reach these new areas.
- Pray God will supply the financial needs of the Snows. Japan is an extremely expensive country in which to minister
We are happy to announce that our account is now in the black. We still have a lot more to raise but we are so grateful to those who made a very generous one time gift and some have double their monthly gifts. Praise the Lord with us.
November 27, Sunday afternoon, we will be having a special meeting to discuss the future, the ministry and structure of the St Sebastien church. It is very important that we have a good attendance of members as well as those who attend regularly but are not members. So as you are enjoying your Thanksgiving meal, please pray for this very important meeting.
Continued prayer requests:
Robert’s time with G. Our prayer is that he will soon recognize his need of God and give his life to HIM.
Meetings with families with young children. We now have a couple from New Zealand (3 children). We meet tomorrow night.
Friday night Bible Study. No meeting this Friday but it will resume the following week.
The meeting with the young adults was very encouraging. Right now this seems to be the core of the church. They will be meeting every two weeks. It is hard to find a specific time with their work schedule.
Pray for the salvation of the following: Craig R, Claude and Anne L, Gilles S, Joe C, Nolwenn T, Phillip V, Sandrine and Romain and Tanneguy V.
Thank you for being our prayer warriors.
For the Kingdom,
- Pray as they recently gave birth to another daughter, Katherine Joy, born July 27, 2016. She was born about a month early, but just had her one-month checkup and the doctor said she is gaining weight and doing fine!
- Pray for their other children, Grace and Kelton, that they will adjust well to having a little sister.
- Thank the Lord that one of Rusty’s English students has started attending church and is doing a weekly Bible Study!
- Pray for The Hanna Project team that will be coming to do some manual labor in Abashiri Sept. 10-20.
- Pray for good health for the entire family.
- Thank God for the receptiveness of different neighbors and people in the community. Pray they would be the hands and feet of Jesus to their neighbors and friends.
- Pray they would never forget their first love, but love the Lord their God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Updated August 25, 2016
- Pray for safety of travel as Shannon visits churches to make new ministry partners and say thank you to existing partners .
- Pray for Shannon will continue to grow closer to God and have times of refreshing while she is in the States.
- Pray that Shannon will not forget her Japanese during her extended stateside assignment.
- Pray for Shannon and her family as they continue to grieve the loss of her father, Larry.
- Pray for the missionaries in Japan as they are experiencing a lot of transition.
- Pray for Shannon and her relationships with Mrs. H and Mrs. Y. She continues to talk to them weekly via Skype and they are anxious for Shannon to come back to Japan!
- Updates 8/3/16
* Pray for the spiritual and numerical growth of the church in Châteaubriant. Presently meeting in a small rented room in the center of town the group desires to see others come to know Christ.
* Pray for our upcoming Christmas program to be held on December 8th. A number of family and friends have already pledged to come and we are praying they will hear the real meaning of Christ’s coming to earth.
* Pray for our personal encouragement in this new work. Developing a work in a smaller, rural setting has it’s challenges for this “city” couple from Detroit!
* Pray for our pesonal witness to many friends the Lord has brought into our lives that they may see the love of Christ in us.
* Pray for our children: Daniel, his wife Gwenäelle (both school teachers in France) and daugher Bleuenn; Brian, working as a language interpreter; Laura & Johanna, both students at Welch College in Nashville.
* Pray for the financial needs of all our missionary family. We need your prayers & support!
- Praise the Lord that last month our account gained rather than lost. Pray for steady monthly support.
- Praise the Lord for 17 students taking Bible Institute classes each month. Pray for Steve as he travels to give the last class of the year in November.
- Pray for encouragement for the churches. 3 of 5 of our FWB churches in Uruguay are without a pastor as of January 2016.
- Pray for men to step out in faith and answer the call to be a pastor.
- Pray for the people of Uruguay to see that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Only 6% of the country claim to be Christian.
- Pray that God would put seekers in our path, and that we would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as we meet people and build relationships. Praise the Lord for “A” who meets weekly with Lori and is consistently asking spiritual questions.
- Updated November 3, 2016
- Pray for us as we are travelling on Stateside Assignment. Please pray for safe travels and that we will be able to raise the $3000 in new monthly support we need to return to Bulgaria.
- Thank God that the Postlewaites have found a place to live as they start a new FWB church plant there. Pray for God to open doors in this new city.
- Praise God that the FWB church in Varna recieved an extention on the building they rent, but continue to pray that they will find a permanent place to meet before their extension expires at the end of the year.
- Pray that we can make a breakthrough with reaching out to men in the community. Many women are attending church, but their husbands do not. Pray that we can find a way to reach out to me in Svishtov.
- There are several individuals and families that want to attend church, but because of pressure from relatives they have stopped attending. Pray that God would give them the courage to choose Jesus over the opinions of family members.
- Leadership – Please pray that God will raise up a faithful person to pastor the New Life Church in Svishtov and evangelists who will start new churches throughout northern Bulgaria.
- Ask God to prepare the spiritual soil of the hearts of people in Svishtov. Pray words of hope and forgiveness will ring true.
- Pray God will call more workers to Spain.
- Pray for the Alpedrete team as they work to plant new churches in Spain.
- Pray for the Johnsons as they minister to the people around them.
(Updated September 2016)
* Pray for a good time of relationship building with the international students over winter break. This is a time for sharing some of our Christmas traditions with the students.
* Pray Jamie and Heather Lee and there family. They will be moving to Champaign, Il in the spring of 2017 to begin the work of starting a new FWB Church. We are super excited to partner our ministry to the students with this new FWB Church that will be coming soon.
* We ask for prayer for our students who have returned home all around the world, from China, to Iran, to Taiwan, to all corners of the earth. The Christmas season and New Years is a time for us to re-connect with them through social media. We pray that we can continue to have an influence in their life for Christ even though we are thousands of miles away.
* Pray for a good start to the spring semester. Each year we have seen a significant drop off in our programs participation during the spring semester. This year we hope to turn that around.
We thank God for:
- for the kids who came to the Christmas party at church and heard the good news and got Christmas presents
- the opportunity to go with Christmas Operation Child and share the gospel with fourth graders in a local school
- Debbie’s roommate and her church back home who collected an offering and made it possible for her to come back home for Christmas!
- the great Christmas and New Year services with many people, good messages and worship, and close fellowship
- the new people who want to volunteer to do ministries in the church
- the plans we’ve made for evangelistic events throughout the 2017 year
Please, pray for:
- the continuing work of the Spirit in people’s lives so that they would give their hearts to Jesus, make wise decisions and be salt and light in their families and circle of friends.
- the upcoming evangelistic events (Bread House, culinary evening, the Literature & history Club
- the organization for the Easter evangelistic events for kids and adults both
- our daughter Debbie and her studying at Welch College; for strength and energy as she both works and studies, and for her to feel God’s love and presence through new friends, being so far from her family.
- our second daughter Monika who is preparing to apply to the university next year and our son Stefan who is in 8th grade; for God’s protection and joy for them both to be his missionaries in a very anti-Christian atmosphere at school.
- Jonathan and Amy and their kids to be able to build bridges of trust with the local people in the city of Pleven and start a home Bible study group.
- strength and wisdom for Josh & Lydia Provow as they continue the work in Svishtov and Butovo in the absence of the Awtreys.
- Tim and Lydia Awtrey’s fundraising stateside; so far they have been able to raise one third of the funds necessary for the work.