- Pray for God-given understanding as Anthony and Lea raise Emily and Marc in a cross-cultural setting.
- As God to make hearts tender to the gospel and that the much sowing being done would result in a great harvest.
- Pray for wisdom for Anthony and Lea and Tim and Kristi Johnson (the Alpedrete team) as they make plans in conjunction with church leaders for the future.
- Pray for Anthony and Lea as they train and equip local believers to reach others with the gospel.
- Pray for God to give him wisdom and for God’s power to be victorious over the powers of darkness evident in the eastern religions.
- Pray for Carlisle’s physical strength and health needs.
- Pray for believers to exhibit spiritual maturity and a desire to share their faith.
- Ask God for more national pastors in India and the means to support them.
- Ask God to give the missionary team wisdom and direction as new opportunities for ministry become apparent as we partner with our Japanese leaders in establishing new works.
- Pray the gospel message will be received, and people will come to know Christ as a result of the recent earthquake and tsunami. Pray also for those who are endeavoring to help the hurting, displaced and suffering people. The recovery efforts will continue for many years.
- Pray for our national pastors and leaders as they carry on and expand the work of the Lord in their local areas.
- Pray for a strengthening of the Japanese church as Christians endeavor to reach their own people.
- Pray for the memorial service for Mr. Ryo Imai at Good News Chapel on December 2 at Good News Chapel. Mr. Imai passed away one year ago and his family has opted to have the service at Good News Chapel in connection with his Christian faith. Nearly 20 members of his extended family are planning on attending the Christian service. 11/30/17
- Praise for those who attended the Charity Concert on April 8 at Good News Chapel. Amy McDonald was able to share the gospel in song as part of the concert fare. Ruth translated Amy’s original songs that expressed the value that God places on every individual. Everyone also enjoyed the featured saxophonist in the second part of the concert. Several first time visitors ever to a Christian church were in attendance. Over $200 was raised for the ongoing work in the tsunami stricken Tohoku area of Japan.
- Pray especially for the English students in Ruth’s weekly converstaional English classes. Several Japenese moms have shown keen interest in the Bible time section of the class lately. Pray for Ruth and her discernment in leading this time and that the interest would lead to salvation. 3/31/2017
- Give thanks with us for the wonderful missionary field reports shared at our yearly Japan field council (Via SKYPE) October 12-14. It was very evident that God has been using our Japan FWB missionaries in numerous ways to impact many Japanese with the Gospel this past year. There were several first time decisions followed up with baptisms from the work of our missionaries this past year! 10/23/2016
- Pray especially for Ruth and the Good News Kids Club ministry. May 2017 will be the 2nd wave of this new ministry for Good News Chapel (Tokyo). The club will target elementary aged children and their moms, with an evangelistic thrust through music, Bible stories and an English lesson. 3/31/2016
- Praise for the 2 who were baptised from Good News Chapel on Sunday Sept. 4, 2016. Mr. Imai and Ms. Asai both made recent professions of faith and followed through with baptism. 9/5/2016
- Praise for Caroline McDonald’s baptism on Sunday August 7, 2016. Caroline desires to be a committed disciple of Jesus Christ for the sake of the Gospel, especially at her high school. 9/5/2016
- Please support Good News Chapel church member, Mr. Nonaka. He is taking the lead role in representing the church to the local bank in looking for some kind of building for a permanent church site.
- Continue in prayer for WNAC groups in North Carolina raising money for the Good News Chapel Impact project for 2015-2016. Groups are completing a year long project of fund raising for assisting Good News Chapel in the purchase process of a church facility. The financial support will give Good News Chapel more impact with the local bank in looking for church property.
- Good News Chapel continues to contact local banks about purchasing property for a permanent church location. Pray that the a local bank would partner with us to supply a loan for church property. Good News Chapel continues to rent a 3rd floor of a small professional buidling
- Through the Good News Kids Club, English classes, and a series of concerts and activities hosted at Good News Chapel in recent months, new contacts are in the influence of the church. Among these contacts, opportunities have been given to share about the gospel. Pray that these new contacts would continue to stay in contact with gospel through Good News Chapel and would be led to salvation.
Updated October 16, 2017
- Pray for our family as we get settled, and for us to lay a good foundation for our first term.
- Pray for Miriam as she goes to language school. Praise that she has the best teacher!
- Pray for our kids as they go to school (Oliver 1st grade, Scarlet pre-K) and for us to build good relationships with the other school families.
- Pray that we would truly love the Japanese, and that we would open both our hearts and home to them.
- Pray that we will be a light to all the new people we will meet as we live and work here.
- Pray for Pastor Sasaki, as he just had an unexpected surgery. Pray for the health of all the Japanese pastors and their wives.
- Pray for Doug as he preaches once a month.
- Pray for the youth outreach that is held by a young Japanese couple. Pray for Doug as he assists them in their efforts.
- We will be attending the Salt of the Earth FWB church once a month as a simple way for them to invite people who may be interested in English to church. Please pray that this will provide good connections for the church.
- Pray for our partners in Central Asia as they labor daily to share the gospel in a predominantly Muslim environment.
- Pray for safety of travel, crossing of borders, and the granting of permissions that are needed in working in various countries.
- Pray for our international students in KZ, CUBA, RUSSIA, Tajikistan, and South Korea, as they each have their own ministries planting churches, reaching the unreached and offering the hope of the gospel hundreds of towns and villages.
- Praising God for the 3 New Playgrounds to be a part of building HOPE in Central Asia’s unreached communities!
- Pray for our MINISTRY ACCOUNT! Pray that God will move on the hearts of people to give to the work of the ministry! We need $2500 in new pledges by December 31!
- Pray for the Outlaw kids – Carson, Tori, Conner, Schaeffer, and Libby that God will continue to use their cross cultural experiences to prepare them for the role He has for them in the Great Commission.
- Pray for our family as we look toward career service with FWBIM.
- Pray that Katie’s eye will continue to heal.
- Pray that Audrey will continue to stay healthy.
updated August 15, 2017
- As we return to France ask God to give us safe travels.
- Pray for the spiritual growth and maturity of the members of the St Sebastien Church. Ask God to give them love for one another that others will know they are Christians by their love.
- Pray that God will give wisdom and direction as we begin a new ministry to youth and young adults in France. Pray that He will prepare the hearts of those young people with whom we will come in contact.
Dec. 2017 Newsletter – You can be part of two exciting 2018 projects: Old Testament Translation Project, Solar Mp3 project
- PRAISE THE LORD: We have finally had rain in our area for the past 6 weeks. Thank you for praying. These have been the best rains in years!! (Dec. 2017 update)
- For our 4 boys and their families that we are missing.
- For growth in the lives of the new followers of Yesu
- Against spiritual darkness – witch-doctors, non-biblical traditions
- For leaders to gain confidence in sharing w/ others
- That God would move on the hearts of individuals and churches to partner with us in prayer and financially in 2018.
- Pray for us as we lead the Kamifukuoka Church as the pastor. Pray that we would lead effectively and that we would see people come to Christ and lives changed and that Christ would be glorified in our work here.
- Pray for the one-on-one Bible studies we are doing with some non-believers and one on one discipleship studies we are doing with 2 new Christians.
- Pray for Hope Alive, our English Bible study that takes place every other Saturday night. We have a good group of 4 or 5 non believers who have been coming for over a year and learning about God and His Word. Pray that they will come to Christ and the group will continue to grow.
- Pray for our English Classes, English discussion cafe, Mom’s and Babies English class, and Japanese Language class where we have many relationships and chances to share about Christ and invite these people to our churches and Bible Studies. Pray that we will be bold to share Christ!
- Pray for a continued ability to speak Japanese
- Pray for Eli, Micah, and Emma as they are in kindergarten and Pre-K at a Billingual school that God will give them strength to survive in a difficult environment. Pray also that we can be an effective witness to the teachers and parents at their school.
Courses. Please pray for safety of travel as we head to Bangkok, Thailand for a special trainer development course (TDC) October 13-21, 2017. There are representatives from different regions of the world who are gathering to receive trainer training to take back to their regions–from two African nations, China, Vietnam, Philippines, Mexico, India, Australia, UK, and USA.
Also, November 2-18, 2017 we will hold our last full Leadership Matters Course outside Orlando, Florida, USA, hosted by Wycliffe USA. This is an unusual location for ITA. We seldom host training events in the USA.
Travels. Please pray for safety of travel in the second half of 2017. In July we’ll be in Spain visiting family and friends. In August we go to Peru for the second complete Leadership Matters Course in Spanish. In October we head to Malaysia to visit colleagues/friends from ITA. From there we travel to Bangkok, Thailand for a trainer development course. In November we have our last Leadership Matters Course of the year close to Orlando, Florida.
Fundraising. During April and May 2017 we will be visiting several churches presenting our ministry with ITA and our need for monthly support. Please pray for God’s grace and favor for these events.
2017 World Missions Offering (WMO). Please pray that God’s people will respond to the 2017 World Missions Offering for IM–workers and works around the world benefit from this annual offering. WMO Sunday is April 29, 2017.
ITA Council Meets. The International Training Alliance Council and Executive Team meets in Indianapolis, USA March 20-24, 2017. Members are coming from Australia, India, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, Canada and the United States. Please pray for an initial two days for a summit of six people, two days of the full Council, and then one day of wrap up for the ITA Executive Team.
Funding for Jeff and Susan. Once again Jeff and Susan are seeking prayer and financial supporters! They were supported faithfully by many supporters for 30 years as church planters in Madrid, Spain. At the request of FWBIM leadership, they left Spain to serve in administration of the Mission for many years. At the age of 60 God gave them a new ministry serving as CEO of the International Training Alliance. It is tough to build a support base from zero at age 60, but it is necessary in order to fulfill the ministry opportunities the Lord has opened for them on a more global level. (See “Transitions” below.)
Transitions. Jeff and Susan served as missionaries to Spain for 30 years. They returned to the States to serve in the Mission Administration. In 2015, the Board of International Missions voted unanimously to second them to the Board’s partner agency, the International Training Alliance, to serve as this agency’s CEO. At the same time, Jeff and Susan will serve as regional directors for FWBIM missionaries in Europe. Jeff also serves as the Candidate Shepherd for FWBIM, working with all new missionary candidates desiring to serve with FWBIM. As you can imagine, there is a lot of responsibility between these different roles.
Leadership Matters Course in Peru. Please pray for the first complete LMC in Spanish ever that will take place outside Lima, Peru May 3-23, 2016. Jeff will serve as lead trainer. Susan will lead the relationships track
Funding for ITA. ITA was legally incorporated as a 501c3 in the United States in November of 2015, and is seeking funding for its ministry. In its twenty years of existence, ITA has never been legally incorporated. This is a big step. With the transition in leadership, the ITA Council decided to incorporate in the United States and in Australia in order to create a sustainable model for the future. It is expanding to offer its training in French, Spanish and Manderin Chinese. ITA continues to receive more requests for courses than it can fulfill each year. This speaks to the credibility and usefulness of this unique training after 20 years in existence. Please pray for the ministry of ITA.
- Pray for the Gibbs children and grandchildren. Marc and his family, reside in the Saint Louis area; Joël and his family in Nashville, Ryan and his family who live in also in Nashville.
- Pray that God will grant Jerry and Barbara wisdom as they lead the church through the pastoral transition from missionary pastor to French pastor.
- Pray for the church as they seek to win the lost in St. Nazaire and the surrounding area.
- Pray for the pastoral team of the Saint Nazaire church, Bruno and Sylvain, that God will give them wisdom and protect them and their families.
- Pray that God will guide, protect, and bless Bruno, the interim pastor of the Saint Nazaire church, and his family.
- Pray for unity among the national church and leaders.
- Pray for Steve Torrison as he works with the Bible Institute.
- Pray for “faithful” people to step forward into leadership positions.
- Pray for us while we are on Stateside assignment. We will be in the U.S. April 4th, 2017 – April 2018.
- Pray for the “Grupo D” discipleship classes as we continue them by internet while we are away.
- Pray for the Malvin church as they begin the official search for a pastor.
- Pray for relationships and seeds that were planted in our neighborhood to grow, as we stay in touch during our absence.
- Pray for the Carrasco neighborhood, especially our area that is below Avenida Italia that the Lord will work in the hearts of our neighbors and the Torrison’s neighbors.
- Pray for health, strength and a smooth transition Stateside.
- Pray for Carnaval Camp Feb 25th-Mar 1.
- Pray that in our own personal lives we would be fervently devoted to growing in God’s word and to prayer for what He is doing here in Bulgaria.
- Pray for our family to see steady progress in our language study.
- Pray for several formal and informal English teaching opportunities we are pursuing as a means of outreach.
- Pray that God would connect us to people in Pleven who are waiting to hear about him—including many members of society who are often neglected
- As we “lay foundations” for a new church, pray that God would give us wisdom regarding which steps we would take, the timing in which things should take place, and which opportunities for outreach we should pursue.
- Pray for growth in our relationships with people in our community and for opportunities to share love and truth in these relationships.
Updated March 20, 2018
Please pray that God would work in the village of Butovo. In January, due to conflict, the group decided to stop meeting. Praise God, despite this setback, two families in the group have a desire to restart the Bible study. This will be one of our top priorities while we are in Svishtov from April 24th-June 4th.
Pray that God would give us grace and stamina as we travel for our Stateside Assignment (October 31, 2017 to April 24, 2018).
Pray that we would connect with many people who will commit to praying for our family.
Pray that this time in the States would be a useful time of preparation for work in the city of Shumen. During this time we will be trying to learn some Turkish online, as well as taking a course in using apologetics when working among Muslims.
Pray that God would have the perfect home for us in Shumen. There is a house that we really like, but we would like the price to come down before we return in April.
Please pray for our Bulgarian teammate Radostin, who will be moving to Shumen in 2018 to work alongside of us.
Please pray for your church-planting team in Bulgaria. Trif and Vanya Trifonov have started a new church in the city of Varna. Jonathan and Amy Postlewaite are working to start a new church in the city of Pleven. And Tim and Lydia Awtrey, who are leading the church in Svishtov.
Most importantly, please pray that the Holy Spirit would do a mighty work in the nation of Bulgaria. Among the Turks only 1/10,000 know Jesus. Please pray that the Lord would go before us, softening hard hearts so that they will be eager to hear the good news of salvation.
- Pray for our discussion groups as we talk about God with young adults. That they may see the truth and understand the Gospel.
- Pray for the JPense evangelism events and discussion groups, that they will bring much fruit.
- Please pray for our impact project. We are in need of donations to support our new ministry. We need to get equipped to be able to have services and outreach events more often. Pray that we will meet our financial need so we will have the resources to carry out our ministry among the young adults. You can give online here : https://fwbgo.com/give/ under Impact JPense and you can send in checks to the FWBIM (memo: Impact JPense).
- Pray for the new converts through our ministry that they will stand strong and be witnesses to their friends and families
*January 2018: THANK YOU for praying for our many Christmas Outreach programs! Several unsaved attended each meeting. Please continue to pray for Mr. “A”, Mr. “N” #1, and Mr. “N” #2; the two older men attended our Christmas and New Year’s programs and are attending our weekly Bible studies. Mr. “N” #2 has dropped out of attending with his wife and young son, something he was doing once a month in a commitment he made when Ken held a dedication service for their son in 2015. Please pray that through the witness of his wife and her Christian family that he will be burdened to accept Christ! Pray also for the Mommy & Me moms (16 young moms, 14 nonbelievers) who don’t know Christ. Pray for our witness to them and to their children.
*March 2017: PRAISING GOD! Many of you have been praying with us for Mr. “A”, an older man who has been attending weekly Bible studies at Kamifukuoka Christ Church for the last two years. Although he is not yet a believer, this morning at Bible Study, he gave thanks to God! His wife was recently diagnosed with cancer, and yesterday their physician informed them that the situation wasn’t as bleak as they were previously told. Mr.”A” said he feels God answered the prayers of our church believers who have been praying! THANK YOU for praying and for being a part of this prayer ministry!
*January 2017: We had a great Christmas season at Kamifukuoka Christ Church with several special outreach programs, and many unsaved attending each event. Pray for each one who came and heard the Gospel! Our weekly Mommy and Me class has grown to eleven toddlers and eleven moms. Nine of the moms are not believers; pray for our witness and their salvation! Weekly Bible studies continue with a group at our church and also in Judy’s English/Bible class at Iriso Christ Church – both classes attended by unsaved; pray for salvation! Our Sunday afternoon Kids’ Club also continues with unsaved families involved in each class. We appreciate your prayers for the lost in Japan!
*We will be having special CHRISTMAS OUTREACH PROGRAMS at Kamifukuoka Christ Church in December 2016. Our Children’s Christmas Party will be held on Saturday morning, December 24th. Some of the moms and toddlers from the Mommy and Me class Judy leads on Wednesdays have indicated they’ll be attending, along with some neighborhood friends of church members. On Christmas Sunday, our Family Christmas will be held in the evening from 5 – 7 p.m. at our church. Some of our former Kids’ Club members, along with their moms, are planning to attend, along with other friends from the neighborhood. Please pray that the Holy Spirit will work in lives of those attending!
*November 2016: We’re thankful to be back home in Japan! We have moved into a house, secured a small car and have reestablished many of our former friendships with people in our church neighborhood. Pray for us as we begin working again at Kamifukuoka Christ Church, the church we began in 2007 along with the Nomura family. This week Judy will begin teaching a weekly Mommy and Me class at the church, and resumes her weekly English/Bible classes at Iriso Christ Church. Saturday we will be participating in “Hope Alive” – a bimonthly English worship service started by the Crowe and Hubbard families. Ken will also be preaching on Sunday, and we’ll be teaching the Kids’ Club children, along with Sunday School class. In addition, we’ll be meeting with a few of our families who are not currently attending church. We appreciate your prayers! God is good!
*September 2016: We are traveling from Seattle, WA, this week to speak in five CA churches and two chapel services at California Christian College. We will be leaving for Japan on September 27th, arriving September 28th, and we ask for your prayers as we try to quickly find a house and a car.
*MAY 2016: Our time as Hillsdale College (now known as “Randall University”) Missionaries in Residence has come to a close, and we are in the process of relocating to our home state of MO to continue traveling to raise our Mission support. We have logged over 35,000 miles since last July, and anticipate many more miles as we travel around the State, sharing our burden for the lost in Japan and trying to gather new faith promise support. If your church would like to become one of our Japan Ministry partners, please contact us, and continue to pray!
*March 2016: Please pray for the family of Mrs. Mitsue Kazama, a long time member of Iriso FWB Church and later Good News Chapel in Japan. Mr. and Mrs. Kazama were led to the Lord by missionary Fred Hersey in the seventies, and later worked with the Tokyo Team to establish Good News Chapel. Please pray for their three unsaved adult children and spouses, and for their eight grandchildren to remember her faith in the Lord, and for Mr. Tetsuya Kazama as he faces this next journey without his beloved wife.
* February 2016: Please pray for us as we continue our second semester as Missionaries in Residence at Hillsdale FWB College in Moore, OK. Our one year Home Assignment is quickly drawing to a close, and our plan is to return home to Japan in early July of this year. Please pray for safety as we travel each weekend to our home state of MO to speak in churches. Our Mission Board voted in December to return to the “Designated Plan of Giving.” This means we are responsible to raise 100% of our needed funds to return to Japan to continue our ministries there. THANK YOU to those who are giving to the Bailey account! If you are not currently supporting a missionary, please pray about becoming a ministry partner with us!
- Pray for the leadership of the churches in Brazil, that there would be unity and a resolve to work together.
- Pray for the seminary (Bible Institute) as we continue training leaders for the local churches in Brazil.
- Pray for K, a lady sent out by the FWB churches in Campinas, Brazil, who serves as a worker with Syrian refugees in a middle eastern country.
- Pray for Clóvis and Cristina Leandro of the Nova América FWB Church in Campinas who are serving as church planters in Boa Esperança, state of Alagoas, Brazil. They work in a town with no other evangelical Christian presence and minister to a very poor population. There are no other FWB churches in this part of the country.
- Pray for the FWB hospital in Doropo, Côte d’Ivoire, Africa. They are hoping to receive a FWB doctor from Cuba. Pray that the necessary legal requirements might be met.
- Pray for the church-planting project in Ghana being led by Pastor Thomas Appiah under the supervision of the mission’s committee in Ivory Coast. IM partner’s with our African brothers in this project.
- Pray for pastor Yosvanys, his wife Anita, and their two children as they prepare to move from Cuba to Uruguay to revitalize a church in Montevideo.
- Pray for the Seminary in Panama as they seek accreditation from the Panamanian government. It is a long process.
- India is a country of 1.3 billion people. There are still 715 people groups (ethnic groups) that have not been engaged with the preaching of the gospel. Pray that the Lord would lead us to one or more of these groups.
Updated Dec. 19, 2017
Panama (March 2-23)
- Ariadna and I will be flying to Panama to teach at the FWB Bible Institute (located in Chame).
- We plan to remain there for three weeks.
- Ariadna will be teaching level 1 of CEF.
- Lazaro will be teaching Apologetic.
We also plan to visit and share in different churches during the weekends
Please pray for our investment among Panamanians and for the new school year at the FWB Bible Institute.
Thanks for your willigness to support our ministry. We appreciate your prayers!
- Pray for contacts in France, for me to rebuild relationship, and have new one. For the Holy Spirit to open the heart of the French people and to guide me when I speak with them.
- Pray for a discussion group to start, I would like to start a discussion group, pray that God send the right people in this Group.
- Pray our Team, Dennis and Carol Teague, Lydie and Joel Teague and David Reeves.
- Pray for my friends and family member that Do no know God yet.
- Pray for me to have wisdom in my ministry, and that I will obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14
Thank you so much for you support in Prayer, It is a precious gift to have so many lifting me up in pray. May God Bless you and keep and using you all for His Kingdom.
Myriam (Mimi) Le Louan
- Pray for the JYPENSE Night on January 27. Pray for the team that is preparing for the event that many will come and find answers to their questions.
- Around 30 Chinese students are meeting on Sunday afternoons at the Nantes Church for Bible Study and fellowship. Pray for this group that are impacting the Chinese community.
- This school year around 50 international students have been meeting regularly for the Friday night outreach called “Heart for the Nations.” Around 10 Iranian students have been participating. Pray for the team that is working with these students.
- The Morgans are working in the Esperanza church in Alcalá de Henares. The church is growing. Praise the Lord for the growth and pray for the continued growth of the church.
- Pray for the discipleship classes that have just begun with several of the new attendees.
- Pray for the English classes that the Morgans teach at the University of Alcalá.
- Pray for the Pastor of the Esperanza church, José Manuel and his family.
Updated Sept. 21, 2017
- We are currently working in Eastern Hokkaido. Our children attend Japanese schools in the area. Linda teaches English part time at two elementary schools. Pray for our children, and pray that they will be lights in these schools.
- To my knowledge, none of the approximately 20 English students that are in our outreach classes taught at the Abashiri church are Christian. We are teaching four classes there: kindergarten, two elementary and one adult class. Many mothers also attend the childrens’ classes. Most have never heard the gospel story. These are classes that have only started recently. Pray that through these many would come to know Christ.
- We are prayerfully looking at the many cities and towns around Abashiri and Bihoro that do not have any gospel preaching church (of any kind). Pray for God’s direction as we seek to reach these new areas.
- Pray God will supply the financial needs of the Snows. Japan is an extremely expensive country in which to minister
Dear Prayer Warriors,
Pray for Michelle Chereau, a woman in the church, as she begins the new convert studies with Hillel. Hillel’s baptism has been scheduled for February 11.
The Young Families Group met Monday night. There were 9 there and we had a good lesson and time of discussion. We will be meeting next month to finish the lesson that Robert started. Continue to pray for these young couples as they have a desire to serve God.
This Saturday night, January 27, is Soirée JPense. Please pray for the preparation of the event. Pray also that many non-believers will attend and have open minds and hearts. We also welcome a new member to our mission team, Joel and Lydie Teague, announced the birth of their son Derek Joel. We are thankful for a healthy baby.
Starting Sunday, February 18, Robert will be preaching a three-week study on the objectives/purposes of the church to challenge the people to commit themselves to full participation in the ministry.
The two weekends of March 18 and 25, Dr. Doug Randlett, from Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, VA, will be teaching on leadership. We hope to have between 40 and 60 participants from the various churches. This is a major event to prepare the leaders in the St Sébastien church as they assume the responsibility of leading the congregation.
Please pray especially for these two training times. Pray that the people will accept their responsibility and get involved in the ministry of the church. And pray especially for the leaders that they will recognize both the gravity and the joy of being a leader of God’s people.
And please pray for Dennis Teague and Robert as they plan for those two weekends in March. They have an enormous amount of work to do to get ready — and we have only eight weeks to do it in!
They plan to send out invitations for the March training this week. Pray that the invitees will recognize the importance of the training and will be willing to sacrifice their plans for those two weekends.
On February 25, we’ll hold the annual church business meeting. Pray that we can get everything prepared and that this meeting will serve as the launching of renewed enthusiasm and commitment to the church.
It is exciting to see what the Lord is doing, yes, and sometimes more than a little stressful, too. Thank you for helping us as we seek to serve.
For the Kingdom,
- Praise the Lord we made it safely bak to the States!!!
- Praise the Lord during our last two days in Japan two different seekers (the pediatrician in Rusty’s English class, and a college student at the Abashiri church) made decisions for Christ!!! Pray for Pastor Ishii as he follows up with these new believers.
- Thank the Lord for another Dr. in Rusty’s English class and our neighbor lady who said they are reading a little from the Bibles we gave them every night before they go to bed.
- Pray for the Pastor Ishii and his family as they continue the work in Eastern Hokkaido.
- Pray for our health as we have battled strep throat and stomach flu all in the past month.
- Pray for safety on the road, and for our children as they are constantly having to adjust to new environments.
Updated Jan. 18, 2017
- Praise the Lord that I arrived safely in Japan and have started the process of re-acclimating to life in Japan
- Ask God that I will continue to grow closer to God.
- Pray that my relationships with Mrs. H and Mrs. Y continue to grow strong and that I am able to share the gospel with them clearly.
- Pray for my Mom as I leave her for the first time without the support of my Dad.
- Pray for the missionaries in Japan as they are experiencing a lot of transition.
* Pray for the spiritual and numerical growth of the church in Châteaubriant. Presently meeting in a small rented room in the center of town the group desires to see others come to know Christ.
* Pray for our upcoming Christmas program to be held on December 8th. A number of family and friends have already pledged to come and we are praying they will hear the real meaning of Christ’s coming to earth.
* Pray for our personal encouragement in this new work. Developing a work in a smaller, rural setting has it’s challenges for this “city” couple from Detroit!
* Pray for our pesonal witness to many friends the Lord has brought into our lives that they may see the love of Christ in us.
* Pray for our children: Daniel, his wife Gwenäelle (both school teachers in France) and daugher Bleuenn; Brian, working as a language interpreter; Laura & Johanna, both students at Welch College in Nashville.
* Pray for the financial needs of all our missionary family. We need your prayers & support!
- Pray for men to step out in faith and answer the call to be a pastor. Three of our five FWB churches in Uruguay are without a Uruguayan pastor.
- Pray for the people of Uruguay to see that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Only 6% of the country claim to be Christian.
- Pray that God would put seekers in our path, and that we would be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as we meet people and build relationships.
- Praise the Lord for revival in the Montevideo area church, currently waiting for a interim Cuban pastor.
- Please pray for our Easter services. Pray that God will speak to people’s hearts and they would come to a lasting faith in Him.
- Every week we host an English Club at the church. Weekly we have 30-40 adults and children who attend the club, but do not know Jesus. Please pray that God would touch their hearts with the Gospel.
- Praise God for more people stepping up in leadership roles at the church in Svishtov. Please pray for continued maturity and faithfulness as many are new believers.
- Pray for the economic situation in Svishtov. Due to a lack of jobs many people are leaving town to find work elsewhere. We have already had several families leave the church because they are going elsewhere for employment.
- Pray that we can make a breakthrough with reaching out to men in the community. Many women are attending church, but their husbands do not. Pray that we can find a way to reach out to me in Svishtov.
- There are several individuals and families that want to attend church, but because of pressure from relatives they have stopped attending. Pray that God would give them the courage to choose Jesus over the opinions of family members.
- Leadership – Please pray that God will raise up a faithful person to pastor the New Life Church in Svishtov and evangelists who will start new churches throughout northern Bulgaria.
- Ask God to prepare the spiritual soil of the hearts of people in Svishtov. Pray words of hope and forgiveness will ring true.
updated April 1, 2018
- Pray God will call more workers to Spain.
- Pray for the Alpedrete team as they work to plant new churches in Spain.
- Pray for the Johnsons as they minister to the people around them.
(Updated June 2017)
* Pray for the starting of the Bridge FWB Church here in Champaign, Il. Pray that God would bring partners in gospel along side to help get the church established.
* Pray for the start of the new spring semester that we will meet students that will become interested in our sharing of the gospel
* Pray for our ability to connect in with other people and inform, engage, and encourage them to get involved with international students in their local colleges.
*Pray for Easter services this year. The Bridge FWB Church will have its first Easter service and also for Easter with English Corner students.
We thank God for:
- for the kids who came to the Christmas party at church and heard the good news and got Christmas presents
- the opportunity to go with Christmas Operation Child and share the gospel with fourth graders in a local school
- Debbie’s roommate and her church back home who collected an offering and made it possible for her to come back home for Christmas!
- the great Christmas and New Year services with many people, good messages and worship, and close fellowship
- the new people who want to volunteer to do ministries in the church
- the plans we’ve made for evangelistic events throughout the 2017 year
Please, pray for:
- the continuing work of the Spirit in people’s lives so that they would give their hearts to Jesus, make wise decisions and be salt and light in their families and circle of friends.
- the upcoming evangelistic events (Bread House, culinary evening, the Literature & history Club
- the organization for the Easter evangelistic events for kids and adults both
- our daughter Debbie and her studying at Welch College; for strength and energy as she both works and studies, and for her to feel God’s love and presence through new friends, being so far from her family.
- our second daughter Monika who is preparing to apply to the university next year and our son Stefan who is in 8th grade; for God’s protection and joy for them both to be his missionaries in a very anti-Christian atmosphere at school.
- Jonathan and Amy and their kids to be able to build bridges of trust with the local people in the city of Pleven and start a home Bible study group.
- strength and wisdom for Josh & Lydia Provow as they continue the work in Svishtov and Butovo in the absence of the Awtreys.
- Tim and Lydia Awtrey’s fundraising stateside; so far they have been able to raise one third of the funds necessary for the work.
- Pray for safety in traveling and God to be glorified as I share what He is doing in Kenya
- Pray God will give me wisdom in handling each medical need that arises
- Praise the Lord that the well drilling has hit an abundance of water! Pray the water will be pure and salt-free
- Pray for Eddy and Amanda as they train Samburu men and women to learn Bible stories so they can teach others
- Pray many more Samburu will come to know Christ and grow in their faith